Robby LeBlanc is a World Class Guitarist, Author, Speaker and Documentary Film Maker. He's just putting the final touches on his Book and Video titled " The 18 Life Lessons Learned on Mt Kilimanjaro".
He is also is now known as "The Las Vegas Guitarist". Robby is an east coast guy. Growing up first in New Jersey then moving at about age 10 to Connecticut. He grew up in a very musical family. His mom played piano and sang in church. His older brother Michael played guitar in the original group called The Wanderers. His brother Steve is also a guitar/bass player and also an accomplished song writer.
His first lessons were at the local recreation center. Shortly after, he started taking private lessons with local guitarist Tim Brennen who gave Rob an intro to the Classical Guitar. After a brief study with Tim, Robby started studying with Greg & Geoff Bonenberger, both of whom were students of the Great Maestro Andres Segovia.
Who are some of Robby's Classical Guitar teachers?
Robby has studied either privately or attended Master Classes with the following teachers: Andres Segovia, John Williams, Michael Lorimer, Manuel Barreuco, Oscar Ghiglia, Greg Bonenberger, Geoff Bonenberger, David Leisner.
Does Robby only play Classical Guitar?
Definitely not! While at Guitar Institute of Technology Hollywood California 1980's, Rob had the opportunity to study with some of the best Jazz - Pop and Blues players in the world including:
Pat Metheny, Joe Diorio, Pat Martino, Larry Carlton, Mick Goodrick, Don Mock, Lenny Breau, Howard Roberts, Tommy Tedesco, Joe Pass, Edmund Tarrentino, Joe Tinari, Tony Lombardosi, Carl Shroder, Jimmy Wyble, Les Wise, Ron Eshete, Kimbo Smith, Lee Rittenour and others...
Where did Robby go to college?
Robert graduated from Guitar Institute of Technology in Hollywood California and later received a scholarship in performance in 1986 from the very prestigious Yale School of Music in New Haven Connecticut.
What are some of Robby's favorite performance high lites?
Has Performed Private Events For or Honoring:
Mark Victor Hansen - Chicken Soup For The Soul
Robert Mondovi - Wine Maker
Mount Blanc Pens
Robert G Allen
Chef Thomas Keller - The French Laundry Cookbook
ESPY Award Winners
The Rolls Royce Club
Tony Curtis, etc…
He Has Opened Concert Events For:
Glenn Fry and The Eagles Band
While in Las Vegas...
Robby has played as a soloist or in a band at almost every Hotel /Casino in Las Vegas, including:
Wynn Las Vegas
Las Vegas Hilton
Gold Coast Resorts
Mandalay Bay Resorts
The Four Seasons Hotel
Southern Highlands Resort
House of Blues" Foundation Room"
Lake Las Vegas Resorts...etc...
Some of Robby's Favorite Performances Include:
- WINNING The Apple iTunes Award Then Performing in London
- Africa - Tanzania, Mt. Kilimanjaro
- Performing in India – New Deli, Agra, Jaipur, Taj Mahal Palace Hotel
- Opening For Glenn Fry and The Eagles Band
- Performing in Vietnam - Hanoi, Hue, Saigon
- Playing Andre Agassi's birthday party
- Playing a Party for John Travolta
- Opening for Al Jarreau at Bellagio
- Events For Warner Brothers
- Paco Pena Cordoba Festival - Cordoba, Spain
- Events For Mark Victor Hansen - "Chicken Soup for The Soul " Co-Author
- Opening for Arlo Guthrie at The Branford Festival
- 92nd Street Y - New York City performance with Neely Bruce's Rock Opera
- Hammersmith Farms - The Kennedy Mansion in Newport Rhode Island
- The MGM Mansions Las Vegas
- A Party For Ferrari Corporation
- Events for Robert G Allen - Author of “Nothing Down”, “Creating Wealth”
- Banff Music Festival - Banff, Canada
- Performances with The New Haven Symphony - Vivaldi Concerto for 2 Guitars
- Connecticut Chamber Orchestra
- National Public Radio Concerts
And recently performed a few concerts with the acclaimed
group: "The Las Vegas Tenors".